Monday, February 15, 2010

Homecoming



December 23, 2008 was the day we brought Trevor home from the NICU at Mercy Hospital. It was a long 3 1/2 weeks there and Dominic and I were so excited to bring him home. We had to bring him home on a heart monitor. I was actually relieved to have the monitor. Dominic and I had become so used to all of the machines at the NICU. We knew every bing, bang and bong and what they meant. Having him on a monitor gave me a little bit of relief.

This picture reminds me of one of the happiest days of my life. I remember taking this same photo with my camera and messaging it to all of my friends and family that Trevor was finally coming home. It amazes me how small he looks in that car seat. His little cap is one that the NICU gave us. I of course still have that tiny knit cap. I keep it in his crib along with other special items.

Dominic and I were so blessed to have such a beautiful baby. I used to think him being a preemie and having to visit him in the NICU was the hardest time of my life. I am so thankful that we had that time - we had an extra seven weeks to get to love, cherish and watch our precious baby boy. There isn't a day or even a moment that I don't miss him. I think about Trevor all the time. There are so many pictures and so many memories I have and will always keep near and dear to my heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment