Monday, April 5, 2010
An Honored Mom
Of course I am a proud mom. I am proud of my child and everything he accomplished in his little life.
* He fought for his life and quickly accomplished his NICU goals.
* He gained weight and grew so quickly.
* He caught up to actual age.
* He made people smile.
* He said Dada and "hey"
* He learned to sit up, crawl and even stand.
* He brought joy and love to his many grandparents.
* He brought Dominic and I even closer and gave us the best job ever (mom and dad)
Now that he is gone I am honored that I got to be his mom. I got to take care of him and watch him grow every day. I got to make him smile and laugh. I was his mommy and I loved every minute of it.
I am also honored that Trevor's life has inspired others. There will now be another safe daycare in Preston. Trevor inspired Melissa to get her daycare license. I know there are many families that now treasure their children even more. I know there are families that take in the little moments and cherish them. I am sure there are other things that Trevor has inspired that I just don't know about, but you can bet it makes me so proud.
Trevor inspires me everyday. To smile, to laugh, to love. He inspires me to speak out against child abuse and SBS. He inspires me to be his voice and educate others. He inspires me to keep going and not give up....to be a fighter, a survivor.
Thank you Trevor for making me who I am today. My life is complete because of you. I know you are always with me. You are forever in my heart - I love you so!