Friday, July 2, 2010

Bitterness


Being a teacher, this last week was my first week off of work. I knew summertime would be hard, just never thought this hard. Last summer I spent everyday with Trevor. It was my taste of being a Stay at Home mom. I loved every minute of it. My summer off was the best part of teaching.

This summer has haunted me. It brings back so many memories. Memories I love, but that remind me of what I no longer have. It makes me very angry. I rarely use the word hate (its just not a nice word)...but lately "hate" has become part of my vocabulary.

I hate that I am stuck in a place where I no longer know where I "fit in". I have had a baby and experienced what it is like to be a parent. I don't fit in with the young newlyweds without children anymore. But now that I have lost my only child, I don't fit in with "parents" anymore either. Its not from lack of wanting to or trying to, I just am stuck - it is a very lonely place with high walls.

I hate that I no longer have Trevor. I know nothing in life is ever promised, but when you have a baby, you never even imagine that something like this could ever happen. Trevor was my life, my miracle baby. Dominic and I fought so hard to have him. Trevor fought so hard to survive. Then when all was calm, we enjoyed every minute with him. I couldn't imagine spending one night without him - now it is my reality - I have spent the past 10 months with out him and now the rest of my life. For lack of a better term...it just sucks!

I hate the person who did this. She wasn't a young teenager who didn't know. She was a trained, licenced daycare provider of 20+ years. She knew better. I was less than 5 minutes away from her house. I will never understand why she didn't just call me. She alone is responsible for my life being turned upside down and inside out. She is the reason I can't trust people, why I have nightmares, why I no longer have my baby. She is the reason I cry every night, the reason I get angry and yell at God, the reason I hate who I've become. To me she is pure evil and deserves to spend the rest of her life in prison. I HATE her.

So now I have let my emotions pour out of me and into the words on this blog. I have tears streaming down my face. So angry, sad and hurt. I miss Trevor so much. I loved being his mom...I miss being his mom.

****About the picture*****One of my favorites - That Frog was Trevor's favorite toy. We had to have 2 of them...one for home and one on his car seat. Now one jingle frog is still in his crib (still smells like him) and the other is buried with him.

No comments:

Post a Comment