Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Sisters

Those of you who know me know that I don't have a sister. I grew up with one older brother - after having me...my parents decided to quit :)

I grew up with a good friend, Jennifer, and people always thought we were twins. We are still very good friends. In fact, I blogged about her and her boys a few months ago.

Since Trevor's death, I have gained 2 sisters...Kelly and Kerry. They both work with me and I have been so blessed to have them as my friends. They were the first people I told when I was pregnant. All of my maternity clothes and pregnancy advice came from them.

When Trevor was born and taken to the NICU, they were the only people (besides family) who came to see me in the hospital. They brought me goodies, kept me company, and listened as I longed to be with my baby. During the time Trevor was in the NICU, I would get text messages and/or phone calls from them everyday asking how we were doing. I would send them pictures and updates on Trevor daily.

Once home, we continued to stay close. They understood how hard coming back to work would be, and were always there when I needed to talk.

Then...on that dreadful day (Sept 2, 2009) they were there at both Memorial Hospital in Easton and Children's Hospital. They were there for Trevor for me and for Dominic. Kerry came in her pj's and usually quiet Kelly told the security guard a thing or two. Always there for me - my sisters. Dominic and I consider them to be family - They were there as Trevor grew his angel wings.

They are the ones who kept the staff at school up to date, they helped me plan the memorial service, Kelly did a wonderful job speaking at the service, and Kerry helped get food for the fellowship. I could go on and on with everything they have done, and continued to do for me throughout the past 10 months. They have been there for me to talk, cry, yell and scream. They have been my protectors and my voice. They have held me up and carried me when I didn't have the strength to face the day. People will comment on how strong I am - trust me - I am only strong because I have a wonderful husband, family and 2 amazing sisters.

Dominic and I may not be able to be in the court room at all times since we are witnesses. We were asked to choose someone to be Trevor's representatives when we aren't able to be there. It didn't take us long to agree upon Kelly and Kerry. Trevor will have my two best friends, my two sisters represent him in court.

Kelly, Kerry and I may not be related by blood but we are bonded together by love and friendship. I don't know where I would be without them. I am so blessed to have such wonderful people in my life. "Because I knew you, I have been changed for good".


****The picture above is Kelly with Trevor and the picture below is Kerry and Trevor.


1 comment:

  1. I have no words that are suffient enough to express how I feel about you and how lucky I am to have you in MY life. You have taught me so much over the years and particularly since Trevor passed away. You are a tower of strength, fortitude, love and grace. I have seen you move forward each day in an unknown world- a new world- a world without Trevor, no matter how much the pain labored your steps. You have kept your head up and continued on fighting for the truth and for an awareness. Regardless of how cruel or ignorant some people are, you remain calm and poised. You are able to articulate exactly what you want people to remember about Trevor and the importance of his life. You view it as educating people. You are simply amazing! Trevor was a gift from above. He blessed my life as well as so many others. While I can not possibly imagine or experience your pain, I will never be the same- Kerry and I will always be standing next to you to help, to support, to love, and to carry you, if necessary because after all, that's what sisters do! LOVE YOU!

    ReplyDelete